Home Care Accreditation
Massachusetts does not offer a specific license for private pay home care agencies, so the Massachusetts Home Care Alliance created a Home Care Agency Accreditation Program in July 2010. The Alliance’s accreditation establishes operational and quality standards equivalent to licensure in most other states. Apex Home care has been accredited by the Alliance since 2010.
Agencies accredited with the Massachusetts Home Care Alliance have demonstrated their high quality standards.
- Shows clients and families that its caregivers are direct employees and that they carry workers’ compensation, liability insurance, and an employee bond.
- Demonstrates that its caregivers receive background checks, screening, and proper training for their job.
- Proves their commitment to following ethical and legal guidelines in business operations.
- Provides a competitive edge in the marketplace that can contribute to securing new business.
- Enhances staff recruitment and development by demonstrating the agency’s commitment to fair labor standards.